Complaint handling procedure for the Code of Conduct for Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada
If you have a complaint pertaining to the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry, you may file a complaint through a variety of channels:
- our website (www.globalpaymentsinc.ca) by using the template below,
- our toll free number 1-800-263-2970
- your sales representative via e-mail and/or via regular mail or overnight courier
- by mail at Global Payments Canada GP, P.O. Box 4010, Station B, Etobicoke, Ontario, M9W 7H8, Attn: Code of Conduct Compliance Officer.
Please visit the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada’s website for more information on merchant rights under the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada
. Following receipt of your complaint we will:
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five (5) business days.
- Provide our final decision in writing within ninety (90) days, along with:
- A summary of the complaint;
- The final result of the investigation;
- Explanation of the final decision; and
- Information on how to further escalate your complaint in the event of an unsatisfactory outcome.
If we cannot provide a response to you within 90 days, you will be informed of the delay, reason for the delay, and the expected response time. To assist us in reviewing your complaint please provide the following, where applicable:
- your company name and Global Payments merchant number
- a summary of your concerns,
- details, such as the name of the person you were dealing with, the date the concern occurred, date spoken to PCNO, acquirer or representative,
- copies of any supporting documentation (i.e. agreements, statements, correspondence from acquirer or PCNO), and nothing restricts you from directly filing a complaint with the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) to investigate non-compliance with the Code. FCAC can be reached via:
Mail: Financial Consumer Agency of Canada 6th Floor
427 Laurier Ave.
West Ottawa, ON K1R 1B9
FCAC is not a dispute-resolution agency for consumers in their individual dealings with payment card network operators or acquirers.
Please note that the information being submitted may be shared with your PCNO, acquirer, processor or financial institution in order to assist us in answering your concerns.