Global Payments 2016
“MARY KAY ALL-INCLUSIVE JAMAICA TRIP GIVEAWAY”
Official Contest Rules
- Overview: Global Payments is conducting a contest (the “Contest”) for Mary Kay Consultants in Canada who sign a contract and are approved for payment processing and terminal services with Global Payments (each a “Merchant”). All Merchants who sign contracts for payment processing and terminal services with Global Payments, begin processing with Global Payments and complete a settlement transaction between 12:01 a.m. on July 28, 2016 and 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2017 (the “Contest Period”), will be eligible and receive automatic entry into the Contest. The Merchant whose Contest entry is randomly chosen from among all entries, will receive one (1) grand prize all-inclusive trip to Jamaica for two (2) people.
- How to Enter: NO PURCHASE OR ENTRY FEE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Merchants are eligible to receive one (1) Contest entry if their agreement is approved by Global Payments, they begin processing with Global Payments, complete a settlement transaction during the Contest Period, and their name is randomly chosen from among the entries received during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) entry per Merchant; duplicate entries are ineligible for the Contest, and will be disqualified. All responses, whether eligible for the Contest or not, become the property of Global Payments. Any responses that are incomplete, mutilated, illegible or irregular in any way are automatically void and ineligible for the Contest. Global Payments assumes no liability or responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or destroyed merchant agreements. Global Payments assumes no liability or responsibility for any transmission difficulties associated with merchant agreements returned to Global Payments via facsimile or email.
- Prize: The Contest prize is an all-inclusive trip to Jamaica trip for two (2) people. The prize shall have an approximate retail value of $5,000.00 Canadian dollars (applicable sales/indirect taxes to be paid by Global Payments may increase such value).
- Drawing: Global Payments will review all merchant agreement and processing and settlement transaction to confirm Merchant eligibility for the Contest. On June 30, 2017 (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 2:00 p.m. at 3381 Steeles Avenue East in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw as the potential prize winner. Chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries submitted for the Contest.
- Prize Winners: The Merchant whose name is drawn is the potential winner. Official notification of the potential winner will be made either in person at Mary Kay Seminar 2017, or via email by August 1, 2017. If the potential winner is no longer in business with Mary Kay, or is no longer party to valid agreements with Global Payments for payment processing and terminal services, such merchant shall be disqualified, and another merchant will be randomly chosen and be selected as the alternate winner. Trip dates and departure location will be determined by Global Payments. Winner is solely responsible for transportation arrangements, and related costs as applicable, between the winner’s point of origin and the departure airport. Ground transportation between the airport and resort in Jamaica are included. Global Payments will contact the winner by email to arrange details for the trip. The potential winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a standard declaration confirming compliance with the rules of the Contest and acceptance of the prize as awarded, a liability release and, where permitted by law, a publicity release. The winner will also be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question in order to win. The prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, endorsable or convertible to cash. In the case of unavailability of the prize, Global Payments reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of the greater or equivalent value.The name of the prize winner can be obtained from Global Payments after July 31, 2017 by sending a written request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Global Payments Canada GP, #200 – 3381 Steeles Avenue East, M2H 3S7, Toronto, ON. ATT: MARY KAY ALL-INCLUSIVE JAMAICA TRIP GIVEAWAY.
- Eligibility: This Contest is only open to Mary Kay Consultants who are legal residents of Canada, have reached the age of majority or older in the province/territory of residence at the time of entry, and have not yet applied to become a Global Payments merchant as of the start of the Contest Period; all others are ineligible to participate or win. The winner must be a merchant operating a Mary Kay business within Canada. Employees of, members of the immediate family of, or those domiciled with an employee of Global Payments Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies (collectively “Sponsor”) are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Global Payments reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Global Payments in a timely manner may result in disqualification. This drawing is not open to residents of any province or territory where such drawing is prohibited.
- General Rules: By submitting the eligible merchant agreement, the potential winner agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of Global Payments, which are final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, a prize winner consents to the use of her name and/or photograph without compensation in any publicity carried out by or on behalf of Global Payments, including but not limited to posting the winner’s name in an edition of Global Payments’ newsletter and/or in a list to be mailed by Global Payments in response to inquiries. Global Payments is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated or misdirected merchant agreements which may affect a Mary Kay Consultant’s entry. Global Payments is not responsible for any damages for technical, human, electronic, mechanical, computer, or other error. Global Payments reserves the right to cancel or modify the award if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the award, or if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security or proper administration of the calculation of points as determined by Global Payments, Inc., in its sole discretion. By entering the contest, each participant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Global Payments from all claims, damages, liability, injuries and expenses whatsoever or howsoever arising from participation in the award. Global Payments is not responsible for and disclaim any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, or for any typographical or other error in the printing of the response forms or rules, administration of the drawing or in the announcement of the prizes. Global Payments, its officers, directors, employees and agents neither make nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, with regard to any prize, including but not limited to a prize’s appearance, quality, safety, mechanical condition, performance or fitness for a particular purpose. A prize winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered. Prize winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, provincial and local income taxes on prizes. This drawing is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.